Serves 4 Cold Vegetarian Vegan Vegetables Dried Fruit Nuts Herbs Main Course Gluten wheat Dairy Free Turkey Europe
150ml/5fl.oz. Olive Oil
4 Onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp Pine Nuts
50g/2oz Long Grain Rice
2 Tomatoes, 1 finely chopped
1 teasp Sugar
180ml/6fl.oz. Boiling Water
1 heaped tbsp Sultanas
8 medium Green Capsicums (Sweet Peppers)
1 heaped tbsp Freshly chopped Parsley or
*2 teasp Dried Parsley
*1 teasp Dried Mint
*1 teasp Cinnamon
*1/2 teasp Black Pepper
*1/2 teasp Allspice
1tbsp Lemon Juice
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the onions and nuts, mix well then reduce the heat, cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions are softened, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove the lid, raise the heat a little and stir for a few minutes until the nuts brown.
3. Add the rice and the finely chopped tomato and mix well. to the pan and stir a couple of times to coat the rice.
4. Ass the salt, sugar, boiling water, and sultanas, mix well, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
5. Meanwhile, cut the remaining tomato into quarters then thinly slice and set aside.
6. Cut out the stalks from the capsicums, remove the seeds and sprinkle the insides with a little salt.
7. Add the parsley, mint, cinnamon, black pepper and allspice (or the contents of the Cuisine Select Pack if using) and the lemon juice to the rice mixture, stir and continue to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
8. Fill the prepared capsicums with the rice mixture, arrange the sliced tomatoes over the top of each then place upright in a large saucepan.
9. Gently pour in enough boiling water to come about 7.5cm/3-inches up the sides of the peppers, cover the pan with a lid and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes.
10. Carefully pour off the water and allow the peppers to cool before serving.