Serves 4 Hot Lamb Vegetables Main Course Gluten Wheat Free Turkey Europe Asia Asian
2 tbsp Olive Oil
4 Aubergines (Eggplants), peeled and chopped
600ml/20fl.oz. Plain Yogurt
4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
Salt and Black Pepper
400g/14oz Minced Lamb
1 tbsp Butter
˝ teasp Cayenne Pepper
2 Green Capsicums (Sweet Peppers), chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the aubergine and fry gently over a low heat for 5-6 minutes stirring constantly.
2. Stir in the yogurt, garlic and salt , mix well and keep warm.
3. Heat the butter in a large saucepan, add the meat and sauté for 10-15 minutes until meat is crumbly and cooked through.
4. Pour off the excess butter, season with salt and ground peppers.
5. To serve - transfer the aubergine puree to a serving dish, smooth the surface then spread the cooked meat over the top. Sprinkle with the chopped green peppers and serve hot.