Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables Herbs Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free Eggless Turkey Asia Asian Europe
350g/12oz Fresh Green Beans
2 Medium sized Onions, sliced
2 tbsp Oil
3 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
2 Sprigs Marjoram
225g/8oz Shelled Broad Beans
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
120ml/4 fl.oz. Natural Yoghurt
1. Wash the beans, top and tail and cut into short lengths.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a pan, add the onions and brown. Then add the parsley, marjoram, fennel and broad beans. Sprinkle with salt and cook gently for 5 minutes, turning frequently.
3. Add 60ml/2 fl.oz. of water and the green beans, reduce the heat and cook uncovered for 25 minutes.
4. In a bowl, stir the crushed garlic into the yogurt.
5. When the beans are cooked, stir in the yoghurt and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately.