Serves 4 Cold Vegetarian Vegan Vegetables Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless Turkey Europe Asia Asian
720ml/24fl.oz. Cold Water
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 teasp Salt
4 Globe Artichokes
120ml/4fl.oz. Olive Oil
2 large Onions, finely chopped
225g/8oz shelled young Broad Beans
1 teasp Salt
3 tbsp freshly chopped Dill
1. Place all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl, mix well and set aside.
2. Remove the stalks from the base of the artichokes, trim the outer leaves with a sharp knife just leaving 2 layers and rub the cut surfaces with lemon and salt.
3. Remove the hairs from the inside of the artichokes with a spoon and submerge the artichokes in the liquid mix. Set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the chopped onion and sauté over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
5. Drain the artichokes well then add to the onion mixture together with the broad beans and water, season with salt, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the dill over the artichokes, re cover and continue to cook for a further 20 minutes or until the artichokes are tender.
7. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool in the pan.
8. To serve - place the artichokes on a serving platter and fill the centres with the beans . Serve cold.